Friday, December 3, 2010

Fabulous Parisian Markets...

The Paris markets were unlike anything I had ever seen. We woke up early Sunday morning to start our Metro ride to the Paris antique markets and we stumbled upon this beautiful food market set up right across from our hotel...Oh the colors!!!! My camera just didn't do the market's setup justice. You could buy any type of food that you could ever imagine in that neat little market.


Everyone's booth was set up beautifully and they displayed their products like they were works of ART!




Not at the market, but I just had to slip one more beautiful monument picture in on you...

The infamous Paris antique flea markets....
I had a blast handpicking my vintage trinkets out that I have planned for my upcoming projects...

It doesn't look all that inviting...but my oh my they had the best vintage jewelry pieces that I had ever seen in one place.

Some yummy food we had...


We can't go to France without having some French Onion soup...


...and for dessert...one of their famous Nutella crepes from a really nice street vendor...





and yes, it was as YUMMY as it looked!

And now for the really goodstuff...drumroll please.......
my flea market scores...



see anything you like???? Leave me a comment or better yet, email me if you would like anything for your personal collection!


My two personal favorite finds are this old Arc De Triumph souvenir pin, that has Paris in faint letters inscribed at the top of it's domed cover...

and this old writing tablet pendant with a bird on it's cover...

It is really old and it still had it's original dated messages that it's first owner
had inscribed on the inside of it...
Neat, n'est-ce pas????

5 comments:

Christine H. said...

Could you hear me weeping over here as I looked at the pictures of the fish, and the olives, and the vegetables? And that writing tablet pendant is not only exquisite, it's a great idea. But oh, the olives, oh, the fish!...boo hoo. How I suffer.
Do you happen to remember which market that was?

Christine

Christine Wallace said...

Hi Christine, that foodie market was set up in the divider of the street right across from the hotel we were staying at (Ramada International). All the vendors came early early in the morning to set up and then were breaking it down by 2:00 that afternoon. I had noticed the day before they were in a different section of town. Near the Arc de Triumph. They were breaking the market down as we were touring. Maybe one day you can go and I will be crying over your pics! Thank you for appreciating my pictures, I had so much fun taking them!

My Little Dutchess said...

I want to go back!!!!!

Trishia said...

Christine, I just gained 10 pounds from reading your blog:)hehehe

My Little Dutchess said...

I was admiring that crepe again!!! It was so yummy.... So fun to walk around Paris even late in the evening. I am truly in love with Paris!!