Sunday, August 26, 2012

Getting Close...

Photo courtesy of:  http://bluepueblo.tumblr.com/


Hi everyone! My London trip is only two short weeks away and I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I do have enough to keep me busy until then and have been swamped with things to do and ship this past week,  so I know that the time to leave with be quickly upon me. I have, however, had time to plan and daydream about my upcoming trip a little here and there and these are a few "must do's" I'm planning ......a MUST Do is to ride the London Eye, I hear you can see all of London's great monuments from this attraction and the photo 'opps' are beyond great.
One thing I did not get to see last year and is at the very top of the To Do list for this year, is......
Harrod's!

Photo courtesy of:   http://pinterest.com/pin

I am dying to have 'high tea' in London so  Mary Kay and I have already booked ourselves for High Tea at Harrod's on the very day we set foot in London! The photo below is an actual tea service at Harrod's....
Photo courtesy of:    http://travelerswhotea.blogspot.com/p/des-tea-nations.html 

Another "MUST SEE" this year is.... St. Paul's Cathedral
Photo courtesy of:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:St_Paul%27s_Cathedral,_London

I absolutely love big cathedrals, and I want to see and stand where Diana stood on her big day.



And there is definitely going to be a return visit to....

Photo courtesy of:   http://travelingcolors.tumblr.com/post/23946229781/the-union-bowlers-in-portobello-road-market 


Portobello Road!


There were so many lovely antiquites down this long road and market, that we are definitely going back again this year to this awesome shopping destination!


And here are some new pieces I have been working on lately...


My new collection "Divine Love"... features bracelets and earrings made from old religious medals and crosses accented with gorgeous freshwater pearls and gemstones....











The "Divine Love" collection will start to debut in my Etsy shop tonight!
Thank you all for stopping by to visit, I must run now, because we have a hurricane a coming!!!
(Hopefully I can get some good pics of this one!)    ;-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really hope you love your trip to London. For the past 2 years my mate has been working on the electrics for the London eye, so you can rest assured it will be in excellent working condition.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Beautiful creations as always!
I am so looking forward to reading about and seeing pics of your trip. I have never been - my fault. :( I truly wish I did not have an aversion to long trips.
Just watching the news on the hurricane. Stay safe! If I lived in NOLA, I would have already packed and left for higher ground.
Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Portobello Road is on my bucket list! You will have the best time, say hello to the Queen for me!

Praying for your safety during the hurricane...

Theresa

Unknown said...

your trip to london will be just lovely. so jealous! and your newest creations are beyond stunning (as always)...love...love..love! ;)

Rhonda said...

You are so funny, I would be so nervous of the hurricane!

I don't know where to start...going to London and antique shopping, have the best time ever!!

Your newest creations are simply tugging at my heart, especially the earrings...sweet!

Christine H. said...

What a great time to go. We were there in May, which was also a very nice time to be there. We never did ride on the Eye, but we did go to Harrod's. I could spend a week there and another week at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Have a fabulous time.

Christine Wallace said...

Thank you so much ladies for your comments on my trip. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and post about everything we do and see!
Christine